* Due to the overwhelming amount of orders please allow up to 16 weeks for your order to be assembled and shipped *
The ground breaking, bar setting, hands down number one kit on the market for the 3.8 Jeep JK... period! No other brand matches RIPP in customer satisfaction, power and reliability.
- *CARB LEGAL KIT
- YES WE FIT Right Hand Drive Jeep Jk's
- Limited edition Black-Ops Supercharger Kit Only 40 Made a Year -
- Higher Boost level than Standard Kit (11psi)
The RIPP Black Ops edition is a tribute to all service men and women serving our country - its intended to deliver the same reliable HP thousands of clients word-wide have grown to expect. Except, its finished is a military grade satin Black Finish.
Initial testing has found that in stock form, the 3.8l only produces 133 Wheel Horse Power (WHP) on stock tires and gears. Most of our clients have 35-37" tires installed so the WHP drops to 108-123.
With the addition ofa RIPP Supercharger and running through stock exhaust manifolds, cats and exhaust, the 3.8l produces 240-/+ Rear Wheel HP (WHP) on stock wheels/tires and gears at 8psi. More over an impressive **230+whp and 260+lb/ft of torque on commonly used 35" wheels and tires.
Automatic: Stock 133whp
RIPP Supercharged 240whp (Measured at the rear wheels)*
Manual: Stock 149whp
RIPP Supercharged 260whp (Measured at the rear wheels)*
The RIPP Supercharger systems come fully stocked with:
- Vortech V3 Si Trim Supercharger (Self Contained and Helical-cut gears) (satin black)
- Bypass valve / blow off valve
- Plug and Play Injectors (Siemens)
- Front Mounted Intercooler ( powdercoated satin black)
- 2.25-2.5" Mandrel bent aluminum charge pipes (powdercoated satin black)
- Diablo Sport Tuner included, with a RIPP Tune.
- RIPP MAP sensor
- Black Powder Coated Mounting Brackets
- Gates Belt
- RIPP Custom Air Filter
- All necessary Hardware
- NGK copper core V-power spark plugs (colder)
- 4 Ply Black Couplers and clamps
- Vacuum lines, Vacuum T and fittings
- Fully Illustrated Color Instructions
- 1 Year Warranty
- Tech line with Customer Service
All Supercharger kits come fully assembled and ready to bolt-on to your engine. Making installation quick and easy.
Testing on our in house Dyno Dynamics Dyno, we found the power curve to be very linear, with the power found in all usable RPM ranges, especially from low RPM. When used in 4WD-low the power is instantly available and completely manageable. Daily Driving a RIPP powered Wrangler is like driving a V8 powered vehicle without the poor gas mileage, acceleration is never a problem. Getting up to highway speed in no longer a task.
With over 8500 kits sold world-wide, the list of users and manufacturers that rely on RIPP is impressive to say the least. To name a few corporate exhibition vehicles that rely on RIPP power are; Rock Krawler, Trail Master, Pro-lift, and Rough Country Suspensions, MBRP and Magnaflow Exhausts, Auburn Gears, GenRight and Rebel Off Road. We have been featured and tested on many popular TV shows such as; Xtreme 4x4, Truck U and West Coast Customs all of which have given positive reviews to our products. RIPP owns and tests with its own vehicles, we have owned every vehicle we have ever developed kits for. In 2007 we started our program on a first GEN JK then we moved on to a 2008 Rubicon Unlimited and finalized all testing. In June of 2008 with an additional 40000 miles of testing we considered the system fully developed and moved onto CARB approval. All the work paid off, at 8psi of boost we are the most powerful supercharger kit on the market for the 2007-2011 JK. Gas mileage has gone up nearly 2 miles per gallon in the city and over 4 highway WHEN DRIVEN* respectfully even on larger tires and axles.
Don't trust your Jeep project to just anyone, go with the brand that's battle proven world -wide, RIPP!
*Legal for use in California CARB EO Number D-705
** All RIPP WHP levels are measured at the rear wheel, not at the crank. Be careful when comparing HP to WHP. WHP levels vary depending on tire and gear combination as rotational mass comes into play, this affects both Naturally Aspirated (NA) and Forced Induction (FI) total output.
*PICTURED CARBON FIBER AIRBOX IS NOT INCLUDED BUT CAN BE PURCHASED SEPARATE AND ADAPTED USING A SILICONE COUPLER*
The RIPP Performance Coil Pack is specifically designed for the 3.8l V6 found in your Jeep Wrangler from 2007 to 2011. It will deliver more energy and a hotter spark across the entire engine RPM range when compared to the factory coil pack. What's this mean for you? More horsepower! The spark plug receives more needed energy that will result in a more complete burn inside the combustion chamber, yielding more power, better gas mileage and a better throttle response with every revolution. On average a net wheel HP gain of 8-10 horsepower can achieved with this one modification. When paired with RIPP High Performance Ignition Wires you'll be installing the very best ignition components in your Jeep Wrangler.
- 8% More Power than OEM coilpacks
- Direct swap with oem, plug and play
- Highest quality internal components and finish
- MOPAR ORANGE high temperature heat resistant outer housing and boot.
- Supercharged or naturally aspirated, the coil packs can be used in either variation!
- Improved Throttle Response
- Improved MPG
- No Tuning Required!!
- Direct Bolt On Installation - Simply remove and replace.
- Heavy duty primary core winding.
- Higher quality Iron core with stronger laminations.
- Increased amount of secondary core windings.
- Sustained power delivery even at high RPM operation
- High Density Polymer Orange Housing.
- Heavy Duty, high-temperature, epoxy filled housing resists shock and vibration. Our dielectric compound completely penetrates coil windings assuring perfect insulation even upon exposure to high voltage conditions. Engineered to resist humidity, wear, vibration, impact and chemicals such as gasoline, oils and brake fluids. Will not degrade or crack even under severe thermal cycling.
Spark Plug Wire features:
When shopping for a replacement spark plug wire you want the best you can buy. But with the 3.8 they need to hit a few key features and the RIPP High Performance Wire Set does just that.
- The internal wire needs to have less resistance to carry more voltage to the spark plug to increase spark capacity. This will result in a much better burn quality when you really need it.
- The internal shielding needs to be high quality to avoid interference with on-board electronics.
- The outer shielding needs to be high quality and have a high heat resistance to carry the voltage.
- They need to fit like the OEM and into the 3.8 V6 spark plug wire guides. The 3.8 has a cast plastic spark plug wire guide that keeps the wires high and dry, the lengths critical and away from engine components that can burn or cut them. Our wires are the biggest you can fit in the cast guide without the need for zip-ties or custom brackets like the competitor.
- RIPP ignition wires use very high quality silicone boots and coatings that resist heat.
- OEM Mopar wires use graphite fibers as a conductor, these are loaded with resistance, resulting in major energy loss. RIPP wires use a spiral wound, heavy duty, steel core conductor. ( see pictures for example) With minimal resistance they deliver maximum amount of power from your coil pack to spark plugs.